- If the item is damaged when you receive it you will have to take it to your local Post Office so the damage can be documented.
- Items shipped via US Postal service are not insured. If you want insurance you will need to request it prior to shipping. The cost of the insurance will be added to you final total and is based on US Postal Service rates. Contact email@example.com for quote or to request insurance.
- Items shipped via UPS are automatically covered for the first One Hundred Dollars. Please contact United Parcel Service at 1-800-CALL UPS to register your claim or call us at 630-761-6550 to register your claim.
- Returns will only be accepted within the first 15 days of the receipt of merchandise with an approved RMA number. (Returns will NOT be accepted without an authorized RMA number.)
- All returns will be subject to a 15% restocking fee based on the current list price of the item.
- Returns exchanged for new merchandise or a store credit will not be charged a restocking fee. S/H is not refundable.
- All returns must be in the original package in original condition and must include all the original manuals and paperwork, etc. No exceptions please.
- You may request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number from us. This number must be printed on your shipping label and you must include a copy of your original order with your return. You can do this by e-mailing us at and requesting a RMA number.
- The customer is responsible for all shipping charges on returns. We cannot accept any postage dues, COD's and no shipping credits will be issued.
- Please pack the merchandise safely so it reaches us in the same condition it reached you.
- Upon receiving your AUTHORIZED return, your account will be credited back the purchase price minus the restocking fee if applicable. S/H will not be refunded.
- If you need warranty work or a replacement, please contact the manufacturer. We will gladly help you get contact information.
- If you still have any questions regarding returns, please feel free to contact us at or (630) 761.6550 M-F 10AM - 6PM Central Time
- Special order items are not returnable unless defective.
We will accept defective item returns within 15 days of delivery for an exchange or replacement (same terms and conditions as above apply), or you can send it back to the manufacturer for repair or replacement. All items that quit working after 15 days of delivery will be considered under warranty and must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement or repair.
Train Set Return Policy
We have very, very few problems with train sets not working upon delivery. The train sets we sell are from very reputable and well known manufacturers and are brand new in factory sealed packaging. All train sets come with the manufacturers warranty. Unfortunately there are some people out there who just want a train set for the holidays or that special occasion and then want to return it afterwards for a refund with no intention of ever keeping it, so we have had to implement the following train set return policy.
Any train sets purchased at Structures and Train by Fred that arrives to you defective can be returned with an approved RMA number and will only be exchanged for the same identical set, no credits towards other merchandise or refunds will be allowed. Train sets can only be returned to us within 15 days of date of purchase if defective with an approved RMA. After 15 days, all train sets must be returned to the manufacturer for repair or replacements. Your train set manufacturers warranty will be included in the train set.
The only exception to this above policy will be for a train set that is un-opened, un-used and in brand new sellable condition. Structures and Train by Fred will accept a train set back in the above condition for exchange or store credit only with an approved RMA number within 15 days of purchase, and only if brand new, un-opened and un-used with the original shrink-wrap still intact on the package and no gummed seals have been broken. (These rules can be adjusted at our discretion. It is our goal to maintain the highest customer satisfactions rating.)
All shipping fees on any return will be the responsibility of the customer.
You must write your RMA# on the shipping label and enclose a copy of your original invoice with your return.
Return merchandise only with authorized RMA number to:
Structures and Train by Fred Returns
60 N Island Ave
Saint Charles, IL. 60510